- Our Purpose
- Our People
- Our Programmes
- Get in Touch
Business Development Coordinator - Leeds
Job Title - Business Development Coordinator
Location - Leeds, and wider city region.
Job Type - 12 month fixed term contract with the potential for extension
Salary - £22,000 - £25,000
All roles are subject to satisfactory references, a satisfactory DBS check, and a six-month probation period
New exciting opportunities have arisen to join Ahead Partnership - a thriving, dynamic growing organisation operating across Leeds, Sheffield, Birmingham and London areas with plans to develop further across England.
Ahead Partnership delivers an exciting range of projects, from programmes of activities in schools to programmes that are designed to inspire young people on study programmes and those at risk of becoming NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training).
Our innovative products include our award-winning education programme: Make the Grade, which enables schools, colleges and universities to improve employability for students through long-term, creative partnerships with business. Make the Grade focuses on bringing ideas and inspiration through real-life, hands-on experiences about future career paths to our young people.
You will join us at an exciting time – from our head office in Leeds, and with consolidated expansion in Sheffield,
London and Birmingham, we will shortly be scaling up our activities to further extend our offer and services in existing locations and new areas of the country.
The Business Development Coordinator will develop strong business relationships, creating and following up business leads from a wide range of sectors across the West Yorkshire Region. They will develop and maintain positive relationships with employers and will support the local Business Development team at Ahead Partnership.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing businesses and volunteers from a wide range of sectors across West Yorkshire by various means including, but not exclusively, cold calling
- Actively networking across the city region making full use of available, and create new, networks and market intelligence to understand the local economic environment
- Communicating with current and prospective clients including representing Ahead Partnership at formal events*, and giving presentations and digital media (*including breakfast and evening work)
- Initiating contact with and maintaining relationships with organisations that could potentially collaborate with Ahead Partnership to develop innovative projects
- Being a ‘go-to’ person for several our stakeholders across the region, including local authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships and Chambers
- Support and deputisefor members of the Development Team where appropriate
- Supporting the delivery team where needs be with client reviews and retention work
- Producing reports as required to all stakeholders, in line with agreed milestones Aligning to the client services strategy for the organisation
- Supporting local Business Development Manager as required
- Undertake any other duties as requested and commensurate with the post
- UK travel (mainly across West and South Yorkshire).
Essential skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Demonstrable planning and organisational skills
- Proactive can-do attitude
- Excellent communicator - including a good level of spelling and grammar
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Report writing skills
- Able to build alliances, manage and maintain effective relationships, both internally and externally
- Degree or experience in a similar role
- Working in a customer focused environment
- Working under pressure and to targets
- Experience of cold calling
- Experience of business networking
- Experience of leading meetings
You will have an ambitious, positive attitude and have the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure and to deadlines. We are looking for someone who has worked effectively and efficiently as a team player, who is reliable and has a strong customer focus background.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who are authorised to work for any UK employer. Candidates should be independently mobile, ideally with access to a car.
The organisation is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply with a copy of your CV and a covering letter (maximum two sides of A4) outlining how meet the person specification for the role, why you want to work for Ahead Partnership and what attracts you to the role. Applications will not be considered without a covering letter.
Deadline: 12 June 2017
Interviews: 21 June 2017
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org