- Our Purpose
- Our People
- Our Programmes
- Get in Touch
Project Coordinator - Birmingham
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
All roles are subject to satisfactory references, a satisfactory DBS check, and a six-month probation period.
New exciting opportunities have arisen to join Ahead Partnership - a thriving, dynamic growing organisation operating across Leeds, Sheffield, Birmingham and London areas with plans to develop further across England.
Ahead Partnership delivers an exciting range of projects. From programmes of activities in schools to programmes that are designed to inspire young people on study programmes and those at risk of becoming NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training).
Our innovative products include our award-winning education programme: Make the Grade, which enables schools, colleges and universities to improve employability for students through long-term, creative partnerships with business. Make the Grade focuses on bringing ideas and inspiration through real-life, hands-on experiences about future career paths to our young people.
You will join us at an exciting time – from our head office in Leeds, and with consolidated expansion in Sheffield, London and Birmingham, we will shortly be scaling up our activities to further extend our offer and services in existing locations and new areas of the country.
With support from the Project Manager, you will lead the development and delivery of a programme of events for children and young people across the West Midlands. You will ensure these events are of a high quality and achieve their agreed aims and objectives.
You will be responsible for the relationships with the businesses and schools we work with. You will support the business volunteers that deliver the programme, ensuring they have the tools and information they need to provide the best possible activities for each event.
Key responsibilities will include:
Work within a small team ensuring that allocated projects and goals are delivered to specification, ensuring:
- Plan and deliver events and projects from start to finish in line with the agreements with have in place with our partners
- Attend the majority of events in order to host the day and support the engagement between the business(es) and school(s)
- Ongoing monitoring of allocated projects to ensure key outcomes are met within scope, identify potential risks and issues, addressing these accordingly
- Prepare and issue accurate documentation required for effective project delivery
- Organise, train and manage volunteers where required
- Use event feedback and other resources to prepare and produce project reports as required
- Support the Development team where required to create case studies or other marketing materials
- Accurate recording of data using bespoke management information systems
- Ensure effective and productive relationships are established and maintained with clients ensuring customer satisfaction and client retention
- Act as an ambassador for the business and promote Ahead Partnership externally
- Work with other team members to ensure high level performance using organisational tools and systems in adherence with company policy
- Take responsibility for your own professional development with support from your line manager
- Proactively contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the business
- Identify opportunities to generate additional value for money from our partners
- Provide support to the Business Development & Partnerships Manager as and when required, identifying worthwhile PR and business development opportunities related to programme successes
- Cover for the Project Manager as appropriate
- Undertake others duties as requested and commensurate with the post
- Travel across England and occasional unsociable hours may be required.
Essential skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Demonstrable planning and organisational skills
- Proven relationship management skills
- Good level of spelling and grammar
- Proven influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Degree calibre or experience of project/event delivery
- Experience/qualifications of coaching/mentoring others or willingness to undertake this
- Working in a customer focused environment
- Outbound sales experience / working to targets
- Experience of working as part of a team to successfully deliver outcomes to customers within limited resources
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing key relationships
- Experience of working with young people and running workshops with young people
- Project/programme management qualification or experience of successful project management
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who are authorised to work for any UK employer. Candidates should be independently mobile, ideally with access to a car.
The organisation is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply with a copy of your CV and a covering letter (maximum two sides of A4) outlining how meet the person specification for the role, why you want to work for Ahead Partnership and what attracts you to the role. Applications will not be considered without a covering letter.
Deadline: 12 June 2017
Interviews: 28 June 2017
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org