Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Appointing salary £26,000 - £33,000 dependent on experience
The role is subject to satisfactory references, a satisfactory DBS check, and a six-month probation period
For over a decade Ahead Partnership has been using partnerships as a catalyst for social and economic change. We design, organise, and facilitate high impact programmes for a wide range of partners including employers, public funders and education clients.
As a social enterprise, we are clear on our Vision: Achieving positive change together, and our Mission Statements: we are the catalyst for positive change, we use our creativity and expertise to bring the right partners together, we deliver exciting activity to overcome inequality and encourage diversity, we open minds to grow confidence and potential and we put purpose before profit and reinvest any surplus we make. We are proud to be supporting communities and young people across the UK to realise their potential and we have ambitious goals to make a real difference and work towards our vision of achieving change and stronger futures together.
Globally, we are in a period of unprecedented social, economic, and cultural change which is requiring all businesses to shift and alter– we expect this to be an ongoing challenge which will involve the whole team in embracing change, creativity, innovation and reinvention.
About our team
We are a passionate, dedicated team and all roles work together in one team to deliver our goals. The nature of our work is always changing, and our team will be responsive and flexible, eager to develop new skills and experience and to assist and coach colleagues without formal hierarchy.
Ahead Partnership values and culture
We are excited to build a team of committed and passionate individuals who live our values and culture:
- Change: We inspire change and embrace challenges in the way we develop and deliver our ideas. We learn from experience and foster an environment where new ideas are celebrated and encouraged
- Passion: We are passionate and positive about all our work. We take pride in what we do, responsibility for what we achieve and are always proactive in our approach
- Individuality: We recognise individual strengths and support everyone we work with. We celebrate differences and show kindness in all situations.
- Partnership: We succeed as one team. We are collaborative and respectful to create a culture of trust, where sharing and learning is easy and people can thrive.
About the job role
As a Project Manager you will work with a large variety of clients across the UK to deliver a high standard of bespoke projects for our partners. These projects are wide ranging, and examples include events with young people, multi intervention events to bring schools and businesses together, and activity that engages businesses in a variety of other initiatives that meet our Vision, such as pro-bono work with charities and community regeneration
You will be taking responsibility for a wide range of projects, both external and internal, as required. You will be leading on and managing many of these as your own projects from start to finish but also working closely with different colleagues in a variety of project functions.
- Working hours – a standard full-time week is 37.5 hours, with flexible start and finish times.
- The role is based in Leeds, however, there will be travel and client delivery across the UK. This could include overnight stays as required (with reasonable notice provided). Occasional unsociable hours may be required.
- Flexible working and other arrangements happily considered.
- It is necessary to have access to a car and a full clean driving licence.
- All staff are required to undertake a Criminal Record Bureau/DBS check upon joining.
The key responsibilities of the role will include
- Planning and implementing deliverables (e.g. events, resources) as a project lead and supporting other team members with projects they are leading
- Team collaboration to generate ideas, helping clients to problem solve and designing/pricing up projects
- Creating and adapting resources to ensure they meet the needs of the target group
- Embracing new technologies to bring projects to life – both behind the scenes and with our clients
- Facilitating activities such as enterprise challenges, careers panels, through to large scale multi school events and stakeholder meetings. These activities will include events with young people and adults, training volunteers, delivering virtual activities and many other types of activities with a variety of partners. Our business is continuing to evolve, and we are regularly taking on new types of projects which may not be restricted to young people/education partners.
- Undertaking administrative duties to deliver projects
- Working in a team (whether as the project lead, client lead or part of a wider project team) to deliver client projects. As the project lead you will take full ownership for projects and driving them forwards from start to finish
- Recruiting, organising, training, and managing external input into projects including from volunteers. This will include networking and calling businesses to recruit them to be involved in projects
- Managing volunteer, external partner and stakeholder input into a wide range of other projects and activities
- Putting the client’s objectives at the heart of our delivery, creatively designing solutions to support client requirements whilst remaining focused on practicalities
- Responding to the needs of clients and prospects with an innovative and considered approach
- Building strong and productive relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Taking a lead on resolving delivery-related challenges with clients
- Communicating effectively with colleagues within client teams to maximise results
Data and Analysing Outcomes
- Setting up and maintaining effective administration processes to ensure the accurate recording of activity data and keeping accurate and timely records of monetary and time budgets against each client
- Proactively utilising data to manage projects and report on progress internally and externally in written and verbal form
Supporting the Business to Grow
- Proactively working with colleagues as one team to grow and evolve the business
- Supporting with programme design, pricing, pitching and winning new work as required
- Identifying PR and business development opportunities related to programme successes
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the business through internal projects
- Undertaking other duties as requested to support the business and other team members
Vision and Values focused
- Ensuring projects have a strong social value and best support our communities to achieve change and stronger futures together
You will be passionate about getting involved in new and exciting opportunities and using creative thinking to best meet client needs. The following experience and skills are required:
Client Management - Experience of working with clients in any capacity. You should be able to demonstrate your ability to understand a client’s needs, how to provide great client care and how to negotiate with a client to get an outcome which is achievable and keeps the client happy.
Project Management - Have a background in managing projects from start to finish, this could be in any environment and could include work experience, voluntary roles, or clubs, e.g. events organising, financial planning, etc.
Business Knowledge – Ideally, knowledge of the regional business landscape, key sectors of the economy, drivers for engagement in our work coupled with commercial acumen. Alternatively, you may have experience working within a corporate business (i.e. not public sector/non-profit).
Networking - experience of networking or confidence in how to approach this.
- Have an organised, consistent and methodical approach to developing and managing projects including clear plans, milestones and budgets
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have strong time management skills, effectively prioritising your workload and handling multiple projects and tasks at once
Creative Problem Solver
- Be able to think outside of the box to develop ideas around new projects and approaches and solve problems in creative ways
- Enjoy leading on improvements and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Have a positive attitude to flexibility and embracing change
- Be a positive team player who can build team spirit and morale
- Take part in coaching with other members of the team and learn from each other
- Have coaching skills to be able to provide peer to peer support
Self-driven and resilient
- Be a self-driven starter-finisher, working independently and delivering excellent results with minimal supervision
- Work under pressure without losing your cool
- Take responsibility for your own professional development and drive this forward
Confident and effective Communicator
- Be a strong communicator and able to adapt communications to work with a variety of audiences including stakeholders, corporate clients, schools, volunteers, and young people.
- Be a confident facilitator
- Have a careful and professional approach to all kinds of written or verbal communication
To apply send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org