The latest studies show that 37% of European women plan to work in a tech or digital environment, so how can we work together to reach young women with this information before they make decisions about their futures?
Following the success of three previous #GirlTechWM events with Millennium Point Trust, this year we are delivering the experience for female students in Year 8 and 9 in person at Millennium Point on Friday 29 April 2022.
This day-long experience will see young people from across the West Midlands take part in interactive workshops, guest speeches and a hackathon to meet and ask female role models in the tech industry their questions, as well as give them a hands-on experience of what working in this sector is all about. The event is free for schools to attend and businesses to get involved.
|Click here to email Megan Lee if you are a school interested in taking part in #GirlTechWM >>|
This year there will also be activities for young people (male and female) with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) after the event on 29 April.
Your organisation can take part at no charge, and getting involved can help your organisation:
- reach young people with the latest information and inspiration on careers in tech and digital;
- promote your employer brand to the next generation of tech superstars;
- improve diversity and demonstrate your commitment to inclusion;
- encourage social mobility;
- provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for your team's development and wellbeing.
There are a range of ways in which volunteers can get involved, from being a guest speaker or panellist through to joining us to create and deliver interactive workshops.
Contact us now to learn more - places are limited!